The regular season is complete which means this week’s FOX 11 Top 11 is the final poll until the postseason is completed.
For the third year in a row the team that opened the season at No. 1 stayed at No. 1. Kimberly went wire-to-wire as did West De Pere in 2011 and 2012. Also, Waupaca never budged from its No. 2 position, while Hortonville didn’t start the season in the poll but is now No. 3.
Overall, Kimberly, Waupaca, Hortonville, St. Mary’s Springs and West De Pere were ranked every week this season.
Meanwhile, Algoma entered the poll this week at No 10 after completing a perfect regular season. The Wolves replace Kewaunee, which lost its first game of the season last week, 35-0, at Roncalli.
Here’s how this week’s poll looks:
FOX 11 Top 11
1. Kimberly (9-0): Last week – beat D.C. Everest. J.P. Peerenboom lost for season with knee injury. This week – host Wauwatosa West.
2. Waupaca (9-0): Last week – beat Fox Valley Lutheran 35-0. Comets have won last two Eastern Valley titles. This week – host Antigo.
3. Hortonville (9-0): Last week – beat Freedom 34-7. Polar Bears complete perfect regular season. This week – vs. Superior at D.C. Everest.
4. St. Mary's Springs (9-0): Last week – beat Winnebago Lutheran 49-7. Ike Floyd leads state with 31 rushing TDs. This week: host Pardeeville.
5. Ashwaubenon (9-0): Last week – beat Notre Dame 17-14. Jaguars hang on against Notre Dame to win first conference title since 2010. This week – host Merrill.
6. Oshkosh North (9-0): Last week – beat Marshfield 24-13. Spartans win VFA South and get No. 1 seed for postseason. This week – host Slinger.
7. West De Pere (8-1): Last week – beat Denmark 45-7. Phantoms respond nicely after first loss of season. This week: host Mosinee.
8. Roncalli (9-0): Last week – beat Kewaunee 9-0. Jets win first conference title since 1989. This week: host Chilton.
9. Shiocton (9-0): Last week: beat Wittenberg-Birnamwood 46-0. Chiefs have look of team that will make a long postseason run. This week: host Wabeno/Laona.
10. Algoma (9-0): Last week: beat Hilbert 41-0. Last five opponents have not scored 10 points in any game. This week: host Auburndale.
11. Xavier (8-1): Last week: beat Berlin 50-18. Matt Ferris sets state record with 41 TD passes in a single season. This week: host Notre Dame.
—Dropped out: Kewaunee (8-1), lost 35-0 to Roncalli.
Follow Doug Ritchay on Twitter @dougritchay
Two Oshkosh North players had to be taken off the field in ambulances after colliding in the Division 2 championship game Friday, but their injuries apparently are not as serious as first thought.
Despite all its dominance this season Shiocton entered Thursday's Division 6 state title football game with a healthy respect for Darlington.
Gov. Scott Walker still won't say whether he will sign a bill making it harder to force public schools to drop American Indian nicknames.